While we are stuck at home for the next few weeks with no school due to the Corona Virus outbreak and quarantines, I need to have some activities put together to keep my 4 kids active and off the video games all day. I’ve found a ton of resources online and it’s so heartwarming to see how people are offering their services free of charge to people right now. If we all come together, I truly believe we can accomplish anything.
Usually I am fighting technology in the house, but right now I am truly thankful for the ability to try yoga with the fam or go on a virtual field trip. Also, I found a great schedule below that can be a guide or an idea platform for your own activity schedule. I am loosely following it but still trying to keep the kids active throughout the day so I don’t have to hear those dreaded words, “I’m bored.” Anyone feel me? Check out the resources I have found below:
Virtual Field Trips
- Live from Meigs Point Nature Center – these are live shows daily at 11 am viewing the nature center its animals.
- Live from the Cincinatti Zoo– check out these adorable live videos from the zoo daily at 3pm.
- TONS of virtual field trips right here – tons of great links to virtual field trips all over the world!
- Lots of virtual field trips and activities – everything linked here!
- Down Dog Yoga App – check out this awesome yoga app – you can even get free access if you have a kid at home right now with an .edu email (or can email them directly for access). .
- BalletNova Live stream yoga and exercise classes – Fun family and beginner classes and meditation/yoga.
- CLI Studios free online dance classes – These seem like more advanced classes if you’ve got dancers at home.
- Lunch doodles with Mo Willems – This is live @1pm weekdays but can be viewed after on youtube.
- Story Time from Space – Astronauts read stories from space for kids!
- Actor Josh Gad reads stories on twitter – Live nightly stories on his twitter page along with humor.
- TONS of Education resource links right here– this google doc has tons of education links including more virtual field trips!
- Educational apps for children with special needs – a great resource for parents!
- Orange Curriculum – this is a wonderful curriculum which my church uses.
- Adventure Bible– has over 700 games and activities for children.
Links for home activity books/crafts
- 13 Artists Children should know
Awesome Adventures at the Smithsonian: The Official Kids Guide to the Smithsonian Institution
- Ohuhu Markers– these are amazing and my kids approve!
- Little Tykes trampoline – ages 3-6 but they will love this!!
- Build a fort construction kit – even the older ones have fun with this one!
- Legos– of course!! Such a classic loved by all ages.
- How to draw book
- Wireless bluetooth karaoke microphone – sing your heart out! Fun for the entire fam.
- Bob books – great for learning to read or working on skills.
- Adorable gardening kit
- Wings of Fire book set – approved by my oldest! Awesome fantasy books for kids.
If you’re a fan of schedules, here’s one you can follow or modify to fit your family’s needs:
Stay healthy, safe, and stress-free during these weeks and focus on quality family time! If you have any great sites you’re using and want me to include, feel free to comment or message me!