To tie-dye, or not to tie-dye? Is that even a question? I’ve always been a fan but there’s definitely a way to wear it without looking like you’re stuck in the 70’s. The new tie-dye styles are fresh and fun. So, you may be wondering how you can work it into your wardrobe without looking like a flashback. Here are 3 tips for a cool modern way to incorporate this trend:
- Wear only 1 piece of tie-dye
- Choose only one top, bottoms or even accessory to wear in this fun print. Any more can be overdoing it.
- Go for a modern tie-dye print.
- A lot of the modern prints are more subtle with muted tones and even monochromatic colors.
- Wear your tie-dye with skinny jeans
- I find that when wearing a style from another era, you want to wear only one piece at a time. Otherwise, you run the risk of it looking costume-y.
Tie-Dye I’m loving
1// Tie-dye Pj’s– these are over the top soft – so much so that I don’t want to change out of them in the morning. If you haven’t checked out this line at Target yet, you absolutely have to!! Every item is made with heavenly super soft fabric, is 100% adorable, trendy, and the fit is TTS. The set is also under $25 which is a great price IMO. This one looks like it may be almost sold out, so check here , here and here for other great options.
2// Fun tie-dye wrap-front tee – at $13 there are no regrets! This tee is fabulously soft, the tie-dye is cute and fresh, and comes in other color options too. This little wrap-front detail is also fun. I would pair a fun tee like this with jeans and heels for a date night look, or cut-off shorts and sandals in warmer weather.
Shop some more of these fun tie-dye options below!!
Happy Shopping, lovelies! I’d love to see your tie-dye finds – drop me a comment with your favs!